Updating the Camera Software
Open the Update System Software dialog to select special files with a
.mpl file extension for updating the camera software.
Loading the Update File
- Make sure that you are connected directly to the camera, i.e. without any proxy server or similar in-between. Ask your administrator if you are unsure of this.
- Make sure that you reboot the camera before attempting to upload new software.
- Make sure that the power supply nor the data connection are not disrupted while the upload is in progress.
- Never close browser windows or switch to other browser windows until the results of the upload are displayed.
- If the update fails do not reboot the camera, but try to upload the camera software again.
To update the camera software do the following:
- Download the update file from the MOBOTIX support page to your computer: www.mobotix.com in the Support > Software Downloads section.
- Store the current configuration file on your computer by clicking on Save current configuration to local computer in the Admin menu.
- Open the Reboot the Camera dialog, restart the camera and re-open this help page.
- Open the Update System Software dialog.
- Read the notes in the dialog! Especially if you are using an ISDN connection for the upload, read the notes for ISDN users!
- Click on Browse to select the file on your computer you would like to upload to the camera.
- Click on the Start Software Update button.
After the software has been updated successfully and after you have rebooted the camera, message windows may alert you of configuration parameters not matching. If this happens, you should reset the configuration to factory defaults, either in parts or as a whole.
If you would like to keep certain settings, you should choose Everything except the parts checked below and then activate all options that should not be replaced, such as Security, Networking, Audio, ...). This applies to the Audio section in particular if the camera is being administered using an ISDN connection. You will not be able to reach the camera otherwise!
For additional information on this topic, see the Configuring the Camera help page.
© 2001-2021 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/